Once you have decided to move, the key to the whole process is selling your current home. Setting the right selling price is critical. If it is too high it may result in little or no interest from potential buyers, too low and you may not be able to afford the home you would like to buy.
At Louis Taylor we will visit your home and carry out a free, no obligation, full market appraisal to advise you of an initial asking price. Once we have agreed an asking price with you, we will then arrange for your 'Energy Performance Certificate' and work out the most effective way to market your home to the widest possible audience of potential buyers, endeavouring to secure a sale as quickly as possible.
At Louis Taylor Estate Agents we have a thorough knowledge, experience and understanding of the local market conditions, which means our service is both professional and realistic.
As part of our service we will:
- Prepare colour sales particulars to distribute to prospective buyers.
- Take photographs and prepare display card for the office window.
- Arrange for a distinctive 'For Sale' board (which is still an important sales tool when selling your home).
- Display details of your home in our office.
- Prepare advertisements in colour for the local press and our extensive online coverage, e.g. five websites: www.louistaylor.co.uk, www.homesonview.co.uk, www.fish4homes.co.uk, www.thisisthesentinel.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, which is the UK's largest property website.
- We will also make use of our extensive list of registered potential buyers, contacting them direct, usually by telephone.
- As the website is the first point of contact for many homebuyers, we take full advantage of the online opportunities.
- We will invite as many genuine buyers as possible to view your home, arrange mutually convenient appointments and even arrange for a member of staff to accompany the viewing if required.
- Throughout the whole process we will keep you informed. Update you with feedback after each viewing and negotiate, qualify and pass on all offers that we receive.
- We will advise and guide you at every stage.
10 Useful Hints & Tips
At Louis Taylor we realise how important it is for you to maximise your selling opportunities and secure the best price for your home.
- Create Kerb appeal.
Keep a neat and tidy garden or forecourt. Ensure all exterior paintwork is in good order. A freshly painted front and garage door is immediately appealing.
- Remove all clutter.
Remember, less is more and viewers will appreciate the space and size. The more you fit in a room the smaller it feels.
- Clean and tidy.
A clean and tidy, well presented home is essential.
Invite viewers into a warm, well lit home in winter and light, fresh, airy rooms in summer.
- Add style and elegance.
Fresh flowers in the hall and lounge add style and elegance.
- Light and neutral.
If decorating prior to marketing use light neutral colours.
- Fix minor repairs.
Attend to all minor repairs such as broken door handles, dripping taps, peeling or soiled wallpaper.
Be mindful that some viewers may not be comfortable around pets.
Ensure your home is safe for viewers with no trailing cables or obstacles.
- Utility bills.
keep recent utility and council tax invoices etc. to hand, just in case a viewer asks to see them.